Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Years Letter 2010

Since the year 2001 I have written a letter to myself every New Years to be read the following year. It is a wonderful, quaint tradition in which I am magically surprised about how "right on" I was the previous year about the direction I felt my life was heading. I always like to start my letters by saying, "What wonders this new year will hold, if only you knew then what you know now..." It's kind of like a time capsule of sorts- peering into the future and describing what we see there. Some of my friends have adopted this tradition and it has been a moving experience for them. One said, "It was one of the most crazy, life changing, amazing things I have ever done. When I read the letter to myself, I couldn't help but cry. I had done everything that I had hoped."

I like to close each letter to myself with ten wishes that I hope for the coming year. It may be things like; I wish I would become a more peaceful person or I wish that I would look back on this year and be pleased. These are not so much "goals" (I do write those up every year) but more attributes that I hope when I look back on the passing of a year that I would have amassed into my character.

This is a wonderful tradition to incorporate in your New Years traditions, and to help spur you on I have designed some fab stationary you can print off to begin your own New Years Letter. I made two different versions this year as I always have requests from the gents to not make things girly. Here is what they both look like:

Click Here to download and enjoy!

I would love to hear from some of you who did this last year and see what your thoughts were when you read your letter!


sue (tuscanycastlegirl) said...

Thanks for the download....This is just what I've been looking for ~
I've been thinking of doing something special for New Year's w/ my family...and this will work really well....Thanks for the Inspiration:)

yrustaringatme said...

Yay, these look really awesome.

Thanks bunches!

Filipe Santos said...

Wow, great idea. I just shared it with my family. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!