Monday, December 15, 2008

Gifts you can make for about a buck!


Everyone is finding ways to scrimp and save this holiday season. Here is a fast and easy idea for a gift you can make for about a dollar, using everyday items from around the house.  This is one of those fabulous gifts that you wouldn't even know was handmade unless someone told you. I don't know about you, but I think handmade is best!

Sweet and Smooth Sugar Body Scrub

What you need:
Olive Oil
Sugar (I like sugar in the raw )
Jar of your choice
Card Stock Paper (60 LB cover)
Color Printer
Glue Stick
Optional: Essential Oils

Directions:
1.) Mix olive oil and sugar together in a small container.  Add a few drops of Essential Oils if you like.   I used a lovely pumpkin fragrance from Bath and Body Works
2.) Print off label.  Click here to snag a sheet of the label we created.  
3.) Add Sweet and Smooth scrub into Jar.
4.) Use a glue stick to affix the label to the jar. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christa - I love this idea! Are the ratios of sugar and oil equal parts? I am going to try it out. Thanks for the tip!
- Janelle Schroy